Sunday, November 30, 2014

Classmate I guess I'm thankful for

Thanksgiving is a holiday that most of us take advantage of as a time to shop and travel. Most people never think about the true meaning of Thanksgiving. Ever since the time of Pocahontas, people in America has celebrated Thanksgiving as a holiday to give thanks to a great year of harvest. Over time however, we have adapted Thanksgiving as a holiday that allows us to buy discounted electronics, toys, and clothes. Luckily we were given this topic for our blog post to express our thanks to our classmates. Although I appreciate everyone in our class, I would like to write about the one and only, Nate Cronin's Sister.

Throughout high school, Jessie's twin brother and I have become great friends. Sharing the love of baseball and sports we became close enough where we'd go over each others houses. It was through Nate that Jessie and I first became friends. I didn't believe Jessie and Nate were twins at first because she is much smarter and more athletic than him. Mostly through high school, Jessie and I would say the occasional "Hi", but it was not until this year we got to become closer friends and even lunch buddies.

I am very thankful that Jessie and I have become such great friends because she is the one person in our class that I can rely on to complain about assignments with and also ask about homework. It is actually because of her I am writing this blog post right now. Jessie is also one of the most relatable people to me in our class because we both share a competitive and athletic background. We talked about the possibility of her swimming at the same college as me and even being training buddies. But no matter where she goes I am sure she will be very successful because she's one of the smartest people I know. I have been lucky that I got to be in the same class as Jessie Cronin this year and couldn't be happier to have been able to be such great friends with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment